Health insurance isn’t just for doctor visits and prescription medications. Most health plans offer a wide array of benefits – some of which you may not even be aware.
Holy Redeemer encourages you to make the most of your health plan coverage and take advantage of all the benefits it offers. After all, a health plan is aimed at keeping you healthy!
Here are five ways to make the most of your health plan benefits:
- Take advantage of health screenings and preventative services. Prevention is often the best medicine. Most health plans offer screenings and services designed to prevent illness or detect it in early stages. Check your benefits to see what’s covered by your plan. You may find cancer screenings, smoking cessation classes, immunizations and wellness visits are all covered.
- Explore your prescription medication coverage. Do you know what your health plan offers for prescription drugs? Some plans provide a retail pharmacy program as well as a mail service pharmacy program. You may be able to take advantage of a financial incentive for utilizing generic options. And you might even have access to a discount drug program for medications that are not covered.
- Ask about other clinical services. Some health plans offer dental, vision, acupuncture or chiropractic care. Many offer access to a registered nurse for health questions. These services may be covered by the plan or offered as add-on options. Review your plan carefully to see if you can take advantage of these benefits.
- Save money on health-related purchases. If you’re committed to your health, you’re probably investing in health purchases such as fitness center memberships, nutrition counseling, massage therapy or vitamins. Many health plans offer discounts and incentives for health related purchases.
- Rewards for staying healthy. In today’s competitive environment, health plans offer incentives for eating right and exercising. Some plans reward members with cash or gift cards for completing health risk assessments and taking an active role in improving their own health. Your plan may even offer the assistance of a health coach or online tools for monitoring your progress.
Now’s a great time to review your health plan benefits carefully – and make sure you’re getting the most of your plan!
Searching for a Primary Care Physician?
Even if your health plan doesn’t require a referral for specialty care, think of your primary care physician as your go-to advisor and coordinator for preventive, routine and specialty care. We can help you find a highly qualified and caring primary care physician. Search on Find a Physician at www.holyredeemer.com or call our physician referral line at 1-800-818-4747.
Be Health Smart with Holy Redeemer.
From picking a health plan to grocery shopping to routine doctor check-ups to hitting the gym, you make choices every day to improve and protect your family’s health. Be Health Smart with Holy Redeemer is the go to resource to help you ask the right questions and find the right answers about everything from how to choose a health plan to making the most of a visit to the doctor. Together with our physician partners in the Innovative Wellness Alliance, we’ll provide timely, straightforward health tips to help you be a further informed and smarter health care consumer.
Latest posts by Holy Redeemer (see all)
- What to Expect with Endometriosis - May 12, 2017
- Surviving PMS: Managing Monthly Mood Swings and Period Pain - April 11, 2017
- Missed Period? Learn the Common Causes - April 11, 2017